IHC Robbins is proud to unveil its re-designed Trommel. New design features significantly enhance the unit’s safety and operational performance, incorporating ease of maintenance features to substantially reduce down time.
The New Features
- The revolutionary Trommel design allows all screen and flight replacements to be fitted from the outside of the barrel. This removes the requirement for personnel to climb inside the barrel or down chutes to correct or replace screens. The risk of working in confined spaces is avoided, improving the level of safety in trommel maintenance. Ease of access and quicker turnaround for maintenance provide valuable operational and productivity improvements.
2. In addition, the helical flighting is now crafted from bisalloy. This material is a tempered, quenched, and abrasion-resistant steel that offers an optimum combination of hardness and durability in operation. Furthermore, bisalloy’s higher level of wear-resistance equates to longer product life and lower operating costs for our clients.
3. Improved drive systems and electronic controllers have also been introduced. Each drive can be quickly replaced with a standby unit, which reduces equipment downtime while improving overall performance.
4. Another major maintenance improvement is the advanced insitu grease systems. An automated grease supply helps to extend the bearing life, reduces maintenance and operator servicing of the unit.
5. IHC Robbins pride themselves on modular design. All Trommels can be packed into 6m (20ft.) or 12m (40ft.) shipping containers for ease of transportation and delivery to ports or by truck to remote locations.
The new Trommel design features do not impede our ability to customise our units. For example, screen sizes have a standard gauge range of 2.5mm to 36mm -however, this can be modified to accommodate any unique needs of the material.
Trommel units are proven fixtures for physical size separation in both the mineral and waste management industries. With the new improvements of the IHC Robbins Trommel, our machines are at the industry’s forefront for safety, robustness, innovation and efficiency.